Monday, June 21, 2010

What are the long-lasting effects of using make-up, and how can you prevent them?

My mom has never worn much make-up and neither has my aunt. Both have very healthy skin that doesn't look streched. They look fine without it and when they do apply it, it looks natural. Some of the women at our beauty shop wear a unhealthy amount of make- up and look very unnatural. As a teenager,I began to wear makeup in small amounts and want to experiment with color, but I am afraid of what it will do to my skin when I am older. I am talking about when I am 40, will the makeup that I have worn as a high schooler affect my skin and make me look older than I am? Should I forego the face paint or just forget about the damage it can cause? If I choose to wear the makeup, how can I prevent it from damaging my skin in the future?What are the long-lasting effects of using make-up, and how can you prevent them?
Make-up does not damage the skin. You damage the skin if you do not wash it off at night. Your genes have a lot to do with the beauty of your skin and it health. Nowadays, most make-ups are actually good for the skin...and they offer help to the oily, dry and combination skin types. Over exposure to the sun is the #1 destroyer of the skin....wearing a sunscreen is absolutely imperative to the care and health of your facial and body skin. Make-up should always be applied naturally/lightly whether you are 18 or 80....too much never looks good. That is no matter how good your skin is, too. Take make-up off at night, wear a sunscreen (do not overdo the sun's exposure!) , and be lucky enough to be born with ';good skin'; ....Foundations do serve as a protector for your skin, by the way.What are the long-lasting effects of using make-up, and how can you prevent them?
I have 2 words Bare Minerals. Its the BEST makeup that I have ever used. It is kind of expensive but its sooo worth it. Go to a store where they sell it and the sales people will help you pick out your colors and you are set. I can't say enough about it. And its good for your skin.
Be careful with brands and how long you keep the makeup--any of it--before getting new. Most people recommend a change every 6 months. One of the best ways to tell,for example, that your foundation is getting old: the foundation will begin to flake. Check with a cosmetic person in your favorite store for some of the best brands to use to achieve the look you want.
If you wear make-up always cleanse your skin before you go to bed. Always use moisturizer morning and night. I am in my 30's and always have kept my face cleansed and moisturized and I have great skin. I do get the occasional blemish but everyone does. Just make sure you moisturize.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin rash