Monday, June 21, 2010

How to do my make up for prom?

I'm not the greatest when it comes to make up. I have some small blemishes that I'm working on getting rid of by this weekend (prom). I want something different than the usual eyeshadow and foundation. I usually where neutrals, and i have some purple/pink eyeshadow, too. I want something that pops but is not necessarily bright and bold. I'm going for kind of an elegant look. Any ideas? Thank you!How to do my make up for prom?
very carefullyHow to do my make up for prom?
Do you have a MAC store near you? If so, go there and get them to do your makeup and/or show you how to do it. My friend got her wedding makeup done there and she looked like a supermodel afterward.





Also, a makeup artist at a counter at the mall or in some boutique could give you great tips. And there are tons of magazines and online sites dealing with this issue, and with prom season here, there will be a load of information waiting for you!





I would go with a foundation that evens out your skintone but is very natural (like you aren't wearing foundation at all. With eyes, I would go with something that compliments your eyecolor and really makes them stand out. If your prom is in the evening, you can go a little darker and more dramatic, but not Halloween-ish (think subtle smoky gray or plum). Same with lips -- something that's a little darker than your skintone, like a taupe or mauve if you're light-skinned or a beautiful shimmery bronze if you're dark, will be very elegant and not over the top.





I'd stay away from a total match -- pink dress with pink eyeshadow, pink blush, and pink lipstick for instance -- unless you can REALLY pull it together and make it look natural. Less can really be More when trying to put together an elegant look.





Have fun -- you'll look beautiful!
whatever color your eyes are, do a color that corresponds with it. my eyes are brown and i find that purple liner makes it pop with brown eyeshadow. its really pretty looking. i love blue eyes with green shadow. you are always safe with neutrals but you might get more ideas if you add details and say the color of what your wearing.
*** up

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin rash