Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Best drugstore and expensive make up brands ?

I know everyone will say it all depends on what you like or what your skin is like . I want to know what are some of the most popular and most bought / used/ raved/ products are.


I would like to know one of mac best products. Is it a brush , foundation , eyeliner etc .


Also is mac foundation / concelar worth the money ?


I am considering buying some from mac , or clinique.Best drugstore and expensive make up brands ?
My favorite high end make up brand is MAC, because it's so established, and you know exactly what you're getting when you pay for it. MAC offers the most shades (in just about everything), wonderful color payoff, fantastic brushes, and their sales associates are genuinely passionate about makeup. I've tried other brands, and my experiences with them have been mediocre at best. (Clinique foundation tends to run very...orange-y, so if you're pale, they probably won't be able to match you.) The big rumor on the street is that MAC makeup is heavy, and will cause breakouts, and it's total bull. I've tried foundations and primers from other high-end brands, and out of all of them, MAC has had the least negative impact on my skin.





Favorite products from MAC include:


Mineralize Skinfinish. These are wonderful. Amazing. Incredible. So versatile. I use mine as highlights, blushes, and even as eyeshadow!


Fix + spray. Super versatile. Seriously, you can use this stuff for almost anything. It sets powder foundation, it sets eyeshadow, it can be used for wet eyeshadow (for a more vibrant, lasting color), or as a face refresher. During summer, I keep a bottle in my fridge. It feels SO good when you spritz it on your face.


Foundation. I love that MAC has so many different types of foundations. Powder, liquid, stick, cream, gel... there's something for every skin type. I hated powder foundation until I discovered MAC Studio Fix powder with fix+ spray. I never look chalky, and it works so well with my oily skin.


Brushes. MAC brushes are a huge investment, but if you take care of them, they'll last you forever. Plus, you can use them with other brands of makeup too, so you get your money's worth if you decide to switch to another brand. Common MAC brushes include the 187, 190, 150, 217, 224, 266, and the 239.





On the drugstore end of things, I love love love L'Oreal. L'Oreal actually owns Lancome, so I've heard that a lot of their products are similar, but L'Oreal just happens to cost 70% less! Also, L'Oreal products occasionally go on sale at drug stores, so you can usually end up buying one product and getting another for free! Great incentive to try something new.


Some of my favorite L'Oreal products are:


True Match concealer. The only neutral-toned concealer I have ever found at a drugstore. Works well, and is quite cheap.


HiP eyeshadows. Great color, highly pigmented, awesome color payoff.


HiP gel liners. Love, love, love these. They're comparable to MAC fluidlines, and are quite a bit cheaper. They even come with a brush!


HiP Jelly glosses. Super cute little glosses, and they smell really yummy. Great colors, too!





Other drugstore favorites include:


Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara.


Burt's Bees lip balms!


Johnson %26amp; Johnson Purpose face wash


Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque (A MUST HAVE. It's dirt cheap and very effective.)


Milani blushes.





I'm also a big giant sucker for just about anything from Coastal Scents (www.coastalscents.com), too. Especially their 88 eyeshadow palette and their 28 neutral eyeshadow palette. AMAZING. The synthetic brushes and the Italian Badger brushes are incredible as well.Best drugstore and expensive make up brands ?
Right now, I'm hooked on NARS. I LOVE their eyeshadows (both creme and powder), their lipsticks, blushes, foundations and most of all - their brushes!





Smashbox face products are to die for and their lip glosses are my favorite.





Guerlain Terracotta spray bronzer and their Loose powder kohl eye liners are as sexy as can be.





At MAC, I only like their lipsticks. Their lipglosses are too sticky and their foundations are too heavy.





At the drugstore, I am ALL about L'oreal. Both their regular line and the new HIP line. I also dig limited edition Revlon. I prefer to use Givenchy Phenomen'eyes mascara, but Rimmel London's Sexy Curves is pretty good. I want to try Maybelline Stiletto mascara.
i personally like all different brands. I like mac concealer and clinique foundation. I think MAC foundation looks caked on (whenever i see the mac staff, i always feel that it's a bit too much). Clinque foundations are way more natural looking.





Mac brushes are awesome too.


I like Covergirl Lash Blast mascara - the best!


Eye shadows - I have from smashbox, mac, and lancome.
I donot like Clinique, I think their products are over-priced %26amp; not good quality. But that's just my opinion.


Mac are generally good.


I haven't personally tried their foundation, but I think %26amp; have heard they are good. The thing with foundation (I think) is it has to suit YOUR skin. What I'd do is go to their counter, ask them to match you for the right foundation for ur skin type %26amp; also match for ur exact skin colour, then to give u a small sample to try at home (they usually are good about that %26amp; give u some in a small sample jar) 2 c if it suits ur skin.





For concealer, I use %26amp; love Bourjois' Brush concealer %26amp; I was amazed with the results. It's an illuminating one.


The shade Beige Rose is salmon coloured %26amp; that's what make-up artists recommend for dark circles %26amp; altho' at first it looks a different colour to your skin, after a little while it really blends in well %26amp; hides the dark circles really well.


If you have really pale skin, I'd buy buy the Beige Claire though.


http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s鈥?/a>
get LOREAL it is THE best cheap brand!!


i only like mac coverup and eyeshadows,,, everything else is like a waste of money because it is so expensive and you can get it cheaper from walmart or walgreens lol
every make-up brands is for every skin color .....


MAC is popular just because its mostly used by others but its not the only best product out there, trust me





clinique would be great..i love there shimmery eyeshadows


try sephora, NYX, MAX
here are the best cheap drugstore that are better than mac





bourjois , maxfactor , covergirl and rimmel
m.a.c. is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin rash