Thursday, December 10, 2009

What is it like to be a make up artist for MAC?

Hi- I am currently a college student working in retail and I love cosmetics- having studied art, I see cosmetics as another art medium that a person can use to express themselves. So, i was in the mall and passed the MAC counter the other day and it sparked my interest. So does anyone know what it is like to work the counter for MAC and be a makeup artist ? How do get that job ? What do you get paid ? What are your advice for getting and KEEPING the job ? What are some of the pros and cons ?


While I am asking about MAC specifically, I am open to any responses from anyone who works at any other beauty counters ( Lancome, Clinique, etc.)


A Grateful thanks to anyone who responds !What is it like to be a make up artist for MAC?
Someone just answered this question, try looking up MAC in search for questions, look through what people have said.


I used to work the Clarins/Chanel counter - it used to be a very selective process and was like the one intimidating job that you couldn't just get in the mall - I don't know how it is anymore? The difference with the counters is that you don't have to be a makeup artist to work there but someone said that at MAC, it's even harder and you have to be able to create a look for them for the interview kinda thing. I'd start practicing and preparing.What is it like to be a make up artist for MAC?
go to a M.A.C. counter and ask one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin rash