Thursday, December 3, 2009

Do you need make up artist school or natural talent?

I want to become a freelance makeup artist but I'm not sure if I want to invest so much money in to school and I have no natural talent for makeup. I love make up and love to experiment on my own face but I wouldn't say I have the best hand at it. But that may come with practice. Anyone in the make up industry please help. Thank you in advance.Do you need make up artist school or natural talent?
It's a combination of both. Although the industry isn't regulated, going to an artist school and getting a certificate will give you credibility. It is a worthwhile investment because it will give you automatic rapport with future clients.





This is an issue with piercers (and a lot of other industries). In some countries body piercers don't have to attend school, they can just open piercing shops and start punching holes in people. But if you attend a school and have that piece of paper on your wall that says you're educated, people will trust you.





School would be a worthwhile investment if you want to pursue this for your future. Through your education, you will learn to build a proper portfolio and then you'll be well on your way to building a successful business.





Makeup is sort of a natural thing, it does require a sense of colors, shading, tones and a steady hand. But a lot of these concepts can be taught in school - you just need to creativity to create your own looks.





Good luck.
  • second skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    skin rash