Thursday, December 3, 2009

Did you ever make up a recipe which was fab and then you forgot what you had all added?

I made up this dressing with a bit of this and a bit of that, I kept adding stuff and just did not take notice of what. I do this often. This time the dressing was absolutely heavenly and I can't redo it. Did you ever do such a thing?Did you ever make up a recipe which was fab and then you forgot what you had all added?
I do that all the time - it drives my mother crazy as she invariably asks for my recipes! But when I cook I always do it by taste/feel/look and never the same way twice. And I almost never measure anything which makes it really hard to explain to others.


But yah, often when I'm cooking I'll search through the fridge %26amp; pantry, and add a bit of just about everything, and now and then it works out so well, but I might have put anything in that pot!!


(Especially things that simmer on the stove as I'll often go to check every hour or two and taste and re-adjust the seasonings and add a little if this and a bit of that over and over again all day long!)


You're definitely not alone here!Did you ever make up a recipe which was fab and then you forgot what you had all added?
Sure did, fortunatly I was having friends over for dinner and one of them wrote it down. So now if I want it I call her.
nope sorry i have a really good memory.
I forget what goes into my spaghetti sauce, but it's great every time I make it! I never mesure anything, just keep adding and tasting......mmmmm, now I'm humgry!
I never forget but thats because I write it down.
yes we are all over confident about cooking and we make it without saving the recipe and we regret it.... it happened many a time with us , specially when friends ask for the recipe ..we are lost...
This happens to me from time to time. The biggest reason is because I do not measure anything when I am ';experimenting';. so when it turns out really well then I have to just figure it out next time. The worst part of it is I may be able to recreate what I originally made, but when someone else asks for the recipe it is hard to give it to them without any measurements. I guess I cook alot like Rachael Ray does - a pinch of this, a palmful of that, once around the pan with EVOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin rash